Tuesdays are Zoom days and in 2024 the January diary will include a series of different subjects to help you learn a range of techniques for sketching with pencil, ink and watercolour.
These online sessions are for a small group only and take place via Zoom where you can participate in ‘real time’, ask questions and get feedback. Even if you are unable to join the Zoom the video from the workshop is recorded and will be available after the event to anyone pre-registered in advance.
Each Zoom workshop lasts approximately 90 minutes-2 hours
January programme (all times shown are Paris CET (GMT+1))
- Tues 2: 2pm – Pause Café – a classic view inside a French café captured in ink and watercolour
- Tues 9: 10am – Paint first draw later – learn more about watercolour choices and have fun with looser inkwork sketching a scene from Paris !
- Tues 9: 6pm – Old stone houses – see ways to illustrate texture in a line and watercolour sketch of an old French building full of character
- Tues 16: 2pm – Flamenco! – combine watercolour & watercolour pencils to capture movement and the human form in perspective
- Tues 23: 10am – En route – capture the tree-lined roads of rural France with line and watercolour washes
- Tues 23: 6pm – Terrific Trees – learn ways to include foliage in your sketches in a landscape watercolour sketch
- Tues 30: 2pm – La Cascade – paint the effect of tumbling water in a beautiful watercolour scene
Basic materials suggested:
- Paper suitable for watercolour (300gsm or higher)
- Watercolour pencils
- Waterproof ink pens/fineliners
- White gouache
- Masking fluid (optional)
- Hairdryer (recommended)
- Jar of water, tissue/paper towel, scrap paper, small water spray
- Limited participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Recording available to watch on replay
- Appearing on camera or voice is not necessary
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing a Zoom workshop, you agree that other viewers may hear your voice in the recording.
Please email@example.com if you would like any further information before booking.